Senior Residence Counselor MH/MR - Woodgate, NY
Utica, NY 13502
Senior Residence Counselor - Utica, NY
-Bachelors degree in a human service discipline, plus a minimum of one (1) year experience (full time equivalent) in a direct care capacity. Involving counseling, advocacy treatment planning and/or specific client oriented activities; OR
-Associate s level degree in a human service discipline, plus a minimum of three (3) years experience (full time equivalent) in a direct care capacity involving counseling, advocacy, treatment planning and/or specific client orientated activities; OR
-High school diploma and minimum of 30 college credits, eight (8) of which are human service-related, plus minimum of five (5) years experience (full time equivalent) in a direct care capacity, involving counseling, advocacy, treatment planning and/or specific client orientated activities.
-Demonstrated ability to establish/ maintain a professional manner regarding relationships with clientele, internal personnel, as well as outside the Agency.
- Work intimately, yet highly professionally with direct care staff.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written in an organized and concise manner.
- New York State Driver s License to be used commensurate with program as needed.
- Demonstrate general skills and personality traits deemed necessary to successfully meet the demands of position.
- Required to follow Agency policies and procedures, utilizing the Policy and Procedures manual, as a reference.
-Required to understand and abide by laws, rules, regulations, and policies & procedures that are applicable to the program/service.
-Required to report any actual or suspected violation of laws, regulations, and policies & procedures related to programs/services of organization.
-Required to maintain accurate records related to statistical information, and files on program participants & activities, including records on individual client(s), billing records, medication records, daily log, expense sheets, purchase orders, petty cash, client funds, mileage records, and menus.
-Required to ensure that all employees are aware of and abide by laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the program/service.
- Receive reports of actualor suspected violations; reporting them to the compliance officer.-
-Refraining from retaliatory action against employee reporting, an actual or suspected violation.
-Maintaining accurate statistical records and files on participants and activities, which may include daily log, expense sheets, mileage records, menus, etc.
- Develop programs plans, monitor their implementation to commensurate with program goals.
-Monitor, update and revise, if necessary, the policy and procedures manual in conjunction with the Residence Manager related to prorams.
- Monitor, resolve and follow-up on complaints and grievances from staff members.
- Participate, oversee staff in the training and supervise residents toward the acquisition of ADL skills.
- Supervise, provide on-going training, evaluate and direct staff.
- Coordinate and participate in essential staff training with respect to relief staff.
- Relate to Residence Manager with recommendations for program and staff development.
- Function as relief manager when the Residence Manager is not on duty.
-Be available on a twenty-four hour basis for residents and staff and provide crisis counseling, as necessary.
- Have a thorough knowledge of appropriate community resources.
- Attend psychiatric consultations in service staffing, as necessary.
- Attend and be involved in all admission/discharge interview and decisions.
- Assist residents whenever appropriate in the development of personal and social skills.
- Act as liaison from community residents to family members and other direct care providers.
- Engage in and conduct, and/or attend staff meetings, group home meetings, and program coordinator s meetings.
- Participate in and/or conduct trainigns, in-service training sessions, workshops and/or conferences within larger community, as necessary.
- Provide advoacy, interagency consultations and referrals, as client needs require.