Sidney, NY 13838
Pay Rate: Depending on Experience - TBD
Hours/Days: Monday - Friday 8: 00am to 5: 00pm
Candidate would have one hour unpaid lunch.
Basic Purpose: As a member of the Information Technology Network and Operations Team, the System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The SA will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The SA will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure system hardware, services, directories, storage, etc in accordance with departmental standards and project requirements.
- Manage server virtualization environment
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Assist with managing of MS Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per requests
- Member of on-call support team
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
Competencies: Experience managing MS Windows Server, MS Exchange and Active Directory, additional experience with Server Virtualization is desirable along with Disaster Recovery Planning. Excellent communication and organizations skills are key with the ability to work independently and within a team in a high paced environment.
Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent discipline and 3+ years experience in Systems Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.