Yorkville, NY 13495
Local manufacturing company has an immediate need for Quality Inspectors.
Performs complete layout inspection by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and CMM.
1) Excellent blue print reading skills. Understanding of dimensions,
tolerances and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) symbols.
2) Expert use of measuring tools (Metrology Skills) including calipers,
micrometers and verniers.
3) Experience measuring parts with a CMM (coordinate measuring
4) Some statistical knowledge including part sampling, understanding of
variances and the concepts of CPk (Process Capability Statistics). Some understanding of GR&R (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility) a plus.
5) Previous experience with FAI (First Article Inspection), PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) and corrective action.
6) Basic understanding of Lean concepts (5S).
7) Ability to work on the shop floor.