Customer Service Representative
Syracuse, NY 13210
Patient Care Coordinator $13.00-$15.00 doe
Hours: 8: 30am-5: 00pm Mon-Fri, Saturday 9am-1: 00pm as assigned/scheduled. Can take half day during week when working Saturday or take as overtime if approved by manager. Flex scheduling available if approved by manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist customers ascertaining their needs and answering any questions.
- Assist customers in finding the product that best fits their medical need.
- Great product knowledge on all medical equipment (walkers, nebulizers, hospital beds, patient lifts, retail items and more) and supplies and stay current with company policies and procedures.
- All aspects of exceptional Customer Service including answering phones, emails, faxes and serving patients in a timely manner.
- Providing great care/service along with timely follow up with all of the above.
- All aspects of Patient Intake involving durable/home medical equipment and medical supplies.
- Answer high volume of phone calls, and have follow up and follow through.
- Takes service orders from physicians or other referral sources; fulfills the order internally.
- Coordinates new patient delivery schedule with the service area.
- Process patient information where accuracy and timely processing is most important.
- Verifies and is able to obtain insurance coverage and authorization when needed/required.
- Follow and understand medical polices to ensure item(s) are covered.
- Responds to new and existing patients' requests.
- Participate in functions such as stocking, merchandising & display.
- Reports directly to the HME Manager and is responsible for collaborating with all Patient Care Coordinators to ensure proper patient care.
- Maintain sales orders and tasks.
- Participate in training and continued education as given by management.
- Ability to operate POS (point of sale)
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task