Clinic Billing Specialist/Secretary
Utica, NY 13501 US
Staffworks is seeking a Clinic Billing Specialist in Utica, NY.
Clinic Billing Specialist specific responsibilities:
- Enters new client demographics including subscriber information, insurance company information and identification information into the medical billing software program.
- Verifies insurance coverage by telephone and/or on-line with mandatory calls to insurance companies in some cases.
- Follows-up on any missing information from the client and/or referring providers.
- Discusses service financial obligations with clients.
- Assists with tracking client account balances.
- Places and receives telephone calls to and from clients regarding copay, deductible, account balance, and or payment arrangements in a professional manner.
- Identifies issues attributing to account delinquency and non-payment.
- Assists and sets up payment arrangements.
- Reviews billing documentation for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Clinic Billing Specialist qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with medical billing
- Possesses competent computer skills.
- Ability/experience in understanding and applying medical billing/insurance regulations and procedures.
- Associate degree in business or closely related field with two (2) years of experience in medical and/or behavioral health insurance billing and collection, including Medicaid and third-party payers OR A High School Diploma/Equivalent with four (4) years of experience in medical and/or behavioral health insurance billing and collection, including Medicaid and third-party payers.
Staffworks associates are eligible for the following:
- Accrued Paid Sick Leave
- Referral Bonus Incentives
- Become eligible for Health Insurance * And more!!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.