East Syracuse, NY 13057 US
6:00am - 2:30pm
$18.00 - $22.00 per hour DOE
As a CNC Machinist you will be operating CNC Milling Machines, inspecting products, using measuring tools and other duties as needed. If you have CNC Machine experience and are looking for a long term career this position might be for you!
CNC Machinist Description
- Operates a CNC milling machines at specified frequencies, uses a variety of hand inspection tools such as but not limited to micrometers, calipers, indicators etc. to compare a part dimensions with the blueprint or process and records the data on the required paperwork.
- Notifies the supervisor of any operations problems promptly.
- Verifies counts against the job traveler paperwork and completes all required reports and records daily.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Direct Hire Opportunity
- Benefits once hired on
Educational, Experience Based, and Skill Qualifications
- Technical, BOCES, or high school graduate with experience in blueprint reading, using measuring instruments, and manual or CNC machine center operation or equivalent and one (1) year of experience.
- Ability to read prints, diagrams, and use micrometer, verniers, calipers, and gauges.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
- Ability to walk, remain on feet for extended time periods, reach, stoop.
- Kneel and lift up to an including 35 pounds as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Apply now for consideration!