East Syracuse, NY 13057
(1) 1st Shift: Monday - Friday 7am 3: 30pm Pay: $16.50 (DOE)
(1) 2nd Shift: Monday-Friday 3: 30pm-Midnight Pay: $16.50 (+ 10% shift differential) (DOE)
Provides Shift Leadership to the Fiber Jumper Termination Team, performs setups, change-overs, operates and maintains Fiber Jumper Termination Cell. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and perform several different tasks with great attention to detail. The position will be responsible for performing a wide variety of activities pertaining to the set-up, change-over, operation and monitoring of the Fiber Jumper Termination Cell to ensure the quality, size and appearance of the finished products.
1. Constantly monitor the Fiber Jumper Cell during operation to identify and correct improper/unusual conditions, faulty equipment, and defective materials. Any improper/unusual conditions which cannot be corrected will be reported to the supervisor.
2. Setup / Change-over the cutter, coiler, crimper and polisher tooling per Kanban Board and or Production Schedule.
3. Clean all process tooling as well as other related fiber production equipment, using pre-established cleaning procedures.
4. Maintain documentation or process conditions, run time conditions and variations from process sheets.
5. Responsible for accurately completing all required paperwork and maintaining a clean environment to prevent contamination.
6. Trains Fiber Termination personnel upon hire and performs on-the-job training to ensure staff is adequately cross-trained in all job functions.
7. Serves as SAP resource for the extrusion team and trains team members on system use
8. Responsible for performing first piece and in-process quality inspections using appropriate gauging equipment as directed.
9. Report material or machine defects or any major problems to the Section Leader or Supervisor.
10. All other duties assigned by Line Leader, Section Leader or Supervisor.
11. Must comply with all company rules and regulations.
Education / Licensure / Experience:
High School diploma or GED
One to Three years of relatable fiber experience is highly desired
Prior Setup / Mechanical experience is highly desired
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
Ability to follow and execute detailed processes/directions.
Basic mathematical skills.
Basic computer skills.
Basic mechanical ability and knowledge of machine operation.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a culturally diverse workplace.
Typical work hours for the Fiber Jumper Team will consist of one of three shifts, 1st shift Monday through Friday, 7: 00AM 3: 30PM, 2nd shift Monday through Friday; 3: 30PM 12: 00PM, and 3rd shift Sunday through Thursday 11: 00PM 7: 00AM. Each shift will have a half hour unpaid lunch. Occasional overtime may be required dependent upon the business needs. If business needs require, a 24 / 7 schedule may be implemented.
Work is normally performed in a manufacturing environment subject to fluctuations in temperature.
Physical requirements needed to perform the job are fine eye-hand coordination and bi-manual dexterity sufficient to work with small parts, a normal range of hearing and very good eyesight to perform small tasks, the ability to stand while performing work, and the ability to regularly lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds of material.