East Syracuse, NY 13057
The Incoming Quality Auditor is responsible for conducting audits of incoming product for compliance to work instructions, blueprints, safety regulations, and quality system procedures related to their responsible department. The position will be responsible for performing a wide variety of activities pertaining to assuring compliance with Company requirements primarily through conducting quality system and manufacturing audits.
1. Conducts audits and component inspections in responsible areas by performing dimensional and mechanical measurements using micrometers, calipers, force gauges, dial indicators, thread and plug gauge, and other precision measuring tools.
2. Verifies manufacturing and quality documentation is available and updated as needed.
3. Provides technical measurements and analysis of components and assemblies in support of high volume production operation.
4. Assesses daily inspection requirements within the department and reallocates staff as needed to accommodate the workload and ensure goals are met.
5. Works with other departments and supervisors to answer questions, solve problems, get gauging or raise issue to appropriate levels of management or disposition.
6. Collects and reports data from performed audits and accurately records the information using appropriate check sheets, Statistical Process Control (SPC), SAP, and/or Microsoft Office systems.
7. Moves all rejected, non-confirming material to designated areas for sorting, testing, further disposition and verification.
8. Serves as a resource and provides training to new employees as needed.
9. Remains cross-trained in two or more quality areas to be available as back-up personnel when business needs require it.
10. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion, abiding by company rules and safety regulations.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education / Licensure / Experience:
High School diploma or GED
One year of relatable experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and SAP is preferred.
Ability to follow and execute detailed processes/directions.
Proficiency in Blueprint reading preferred.
Proven ability to utilize precision hand tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, thread gauges, bore micrometers, etc.
Proficiency to operate a SmarScope Vision Inspection System, X-Ray Machine, and / or Instron force testing machine preferred.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a culturally diverse workplace.
Work is normally performed in a loud manufacturing environment subject to fluctuations in temperature.
Physical requirements needed to perform the job are eye-hand coordination and bi-manual dexterity sufficient to work with small parts, a normal range of hearing and eyesight to focus on task, the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, and the ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds of material.