Conklin, NY 13748
1st Shift HR Assistant in Conklin, NY.
Temp to Hire.
Hours are 7: 30am to 4: 30pm or 8am to 5pm
The HR Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day HR operations as well as processing payroll on a weekly basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records and reports.
- Interact with and supply information to job applicants, employees, department heads, and public/private agencies.
- Provide clerical and operational support to the HR Manager.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Maintain office supply inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Create monthly calendars and posters with Employee Engagement events.
- Maintain benefit enrollments and provide mandated COBRA information to departing employees.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Computer time cards and enter data, process department payroll, including entering data for reimbursements and payroll adjustments.
- Notify department managers of employee missed punches in the time clock.
- Maintain employee garnishments in the payroll system, track total owed vs total paid and notify appropriate agency when the debt is paid in full.
- Maintain employee PTO and sick leave balances.
- Prior HR/Payroll experience.
- Purchasing experience is a plus.
- Experience with ADP is preferred.
- Pre-employment Drug Screen.
- Background Check.