Temporary Executive Assistant
Rome, NY 13441
Executive Assistant. M-F 8am-5pm. Temporary for about 8 weeks. Pay rate is $15.00 and up based on experience.
Consistent with the bank's mission of providing our members the right financial services to live life, dream big and achieve financial success, the Executive Assistant to the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO will:
I. Provide support for upper level management in the administration and operation of organizational change and development initiatives, projects, and activities that further the strategic goals and objectives of the bank.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides administrative support to the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO and the Sales and Service Team of the bank and the President-CEO, Board of Directors and its Committees, as required.
2. Supports the day-to-day activities of the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, to include scheduling and prioritizing work assignments. Serves as the primary point of initial contact on matters pertaining to the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO. Provides assistance and represents the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, as appropriate, in communicating with internal and external customers. Independently researches, prioritizes, and follows up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response. Manages a variety of special projects for the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, Sales and Service Team, and Management Team, some of which may have organizational impact. Manages day-to-day activities, including typing, file maintenance, composing correspondence, ordering supplies, receiving visitors, incoming calls and mail, invoices, check requests, and monthly general ledger reconciliation.
3. Manages the confidential information and support needs for various initiatives, workgroups and special projects including, but not limited to the annual Financial Plan, Chief Leadership Team meetings, Sales and Service Team meetings, Management Team meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and various project teams by:
a. Coordinating participant and facilitator schedules.
b. Arranging meeting rooms, resources and planning for consultants, workgroups and meetings, whether on bank premises or offsite.
c. Compiling and preparing meeting materials, equipment and resources.
d. Confidential preparation, distribution and record keeping of session notes and documentation.
4. Manages monthly regular session Board package. Works closely with Executive Assistant to the President/CEO to compile content in a timely and accurate manner for distribution to appropriate officials via the Intranet.
5. Serves as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the President-CEO and Board of Directors. Provides confidential and administrative support for the Board of Directors through the preparation of agendas, schedules, room arrangements, and meeting materials. Follows up with the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, Chief Leadership Team, and Sales and Service Team on projects and tasks involving Board governance and processes, policies, exhibits, and the Board's master calendar.
6. Maintains annual Calendar of Events for the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, and the Sales and Service Team, as a reminder of required reports and activities.
7. Makes travel arrangements for the CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO, Chief Leadership Team, and Sales and Service Team to conferences and seminars, as requested.
8. Acts as contact person for the Supervisory Committee dissemination of members complaints. Follows up with the appropriate Senior level individual on the Credit Union s timely responses to the members, New York State Department of Financial Services or Better Business Bureau. Distributes members positive comments to the VP, Financial Center Operations, appropriate AVP and FC Manager, and CXO.
9. Acts as Content Manager in updating the Intranet website for the Executive Office, Board of Directors Regular Session Meeting, Sales and Service Team, and Chief Leadership Team.
10. Attends workshops and committee meetings, acting as Recording Secretary for such meetings, if needed. May be required to transcribe minutes for review, type into final form, and distribute copies.
MEMBER SERVICE & CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates internal / external courtesy and professionalism toward member and employee customers, practices exemplary service, anticipates needs in advance of being asked and effectively resolves situations / issues.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS: Demonstrates thorough knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform in the position successfully. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of bank's products and services relevant to the position. Recommends products and services as appropriate to meet member needs. Strives to further job skills/knowledge.
COOPERATION & TEAMWORK: Demonstrates cooperative and team-oriented behaviors. Asks questions and offers practical ideas, helps others, accepts change quickly, assists peers in providing exemplary service, and participates in committee, employee and community events.
INITIATIVE & CREATIVITY: Suggests improved work methods.
INTERPERSONAL / COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills in clearly expressing ideas to others.
PLANNING & ORGANIZATION: Makes proper and efficient use of work time. Prioritizes workload efficiently. Organizes work to accomplish multiple responsibilities. Performs work accurately, thoroughly, and promptly. Meets deadlines and commitments.
RELIABILITY / DEPENDABILITY: Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions within the scope of job responsibilities. Notifies supervisor of potential member service issues as necessary. Demonstrates effective problem solving. Accepts responsibility willingly and works with adequate supervision. Initiates work independently when necessary. Follows directions.
ADAPTABILITY: Demonstrates an ability to do new or different jobs as required. Is cross-trained in one or more functions within the department / division.
This position reports directly and primarily to CIO, CLO, CRO and CXO.
EDUCATION: BS Degree or equivalent job experience demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in this job description. Must demonstrate skill in typing, organizing resources, establishing priorities, and following office management procedures.
COMMUNICATION: Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and analytical skills.
SOFTWARE: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other database management programs necessary. A working knowledge of Internet and Intranet software is also necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to travel to coordinate and attend meetings, as required. Some lifting and loading of meeting materials and equipment is required.
OTHER: Proven record of confidentiality at a high level is required.