Print Shop Helper
Syracuse, NY 13214
PRINT SHOP HELPER
Syracuse apparel printing company is looking for individuals to join their team that is committed to quality, speed and graphic creativity. Candidates will be responsible for quality control (inspection of printed garments for defects and irregularities) and verification (acting as a double-check regarding production quantities, etc.)
Will also be performing the following duties:
- Stacking/folding/counting of merchandise
- Bringing jobs and supplies to and from the skilled printing staff (keeping orders moving through the production areas and getting them to and from the printers when it is time for them to be printed.
- Must assist with cleaning and janitorial responsibilities including in print shops and all work areas (including bathrooms, kitchens, offices, and common indoor and outdoor work areas). MUST BE COMFORTABLE WITH CLEANING.
- Will be trained in receiving and "picking/pulling" blank merchandise (filling orders before they go to press.)
- Will be trained in cleaning and making stencils (also known as "screens") and will perform these daily functions
- May eventually be trained to print apparel and textile items.
-General help in a small business environment. Will be cross-trained and asked to wear many hats.
- will be doing shipping and receiving also.
Do not need a graphics background.
Candidates need to be comfortable working on their feet doing "quality control" product inspection.
Ideally, they need to be looking for 45-50 hours/week between now and Christmas.
$13/hour + time and a half overtime.
(there are also approx 4 Saturdays between Nov and early Dec where we work Saturdays because of seasonal bottlenecking).
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
OK with cleaning
Not colorblind (jobs involves comparison of colors).
Can start ASAP.
Flexibility required in daily job duties as this is a busy "small business" workshop environment.