Clinton, NY 13323
Spring Farm CARES Operations Manager
Description: Spring Farm CARES is looking for a compassionate, hardworking Operations Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Animal Sanctuary located in the scenic Mohawk Valley of Central New York.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing the animal care staff, animal housing facilities and related programs of Spring Farm CARES.
- Foster a team environment by working effectively with all members of the organization to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Work with area managers/supervisors to hire, supervise, evaluate, promote, discipline, and terminate animal care staff, and prepare staff assignments and schedules.
- Respond to and resolve employee concerns, complaints, sensitive issues, and other work place problems.
- Work collaboratively with all staff members to achieve the completion of daily work assignments in a timely fashion, following proper sanctuary protocols and procedures. Assist with daily activities when necessary.
- Implement and enforce all applicable OSHA and other safety rules and SFC Employment Policies
- Conduct volunteer tours, review volunteer applications and interview prospective volunteers.
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate the activities of volunteers, and assure proper training.
- Provide on-call support to respond to sanctuary emergencies on an as-needed basis.
*A full list of duties and responsibilities will be provided to applicants following receipt of application, cover letter explaining interest in this position and review of qualifications.