East Syracuse, NY 13057
Screw Machine Operators / ALL SHIFTS:
$15.50 base rate (see shifts for specific differential).
1st shift M-F 6AM 4PM . 2nd shift M-F 4PM 2AM (10% shift differential)
Weekend 1st shift Friday-Sunday 6AM 6PM (+20% shift differential)
Weekend 2nd shift Friday-Sunday 6PM 6AM (30% shift differential)
Preferably candidates will have prior experience but we are very open to inexperienced candidates with a technical background, trades degree, two year technical degree, etc
The Screw Machine Operator will be cross-trained in a variety of screw machines to support the department operations and fulfillment of company production goals. The Screw Machine Operator will produce machined parts from a variety of metals to required specifications by operating applicable machining equipment.
Maintains operational status of machine by monitoring condition of assigned machine and reporting any needed repairs to the Maintenance Mechanic.
Education / Skills / Experience:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- General computer skills with the ability to use and learn SAP.
- Ability to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Basic mathematical knowledge to perform addition and subtraction.
- Ability to utilize hand tools and have strong mechanical abilities.
- Proficiency in blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use micrometers and calipers.
- Must demonstrate safe working habits, the ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a culturally diverse workplace.