Laborer - Oil Team
Rome, NY 13441
Give directions in positioning trucks and rail cars for unloading to the corresponding tanks. Sample accordingly the incoming containers and request from QA the information about where to pump the oil into.
- Hook unloading hoses and pipes to truck and railroad cars. Open pipe valves and starts pumping oil into tanks.
- Start pumps and agitators to transfer and mix specified amounts of oils in batching tanks.
- Control equipment in oil packing plant to load and unload bulk oils and vinegars and blend oils according to formula, recipes or instructions.
- Dump bags of diatomaceous earth into blend and pump mixture through filter to remove impurities
- Drive a forklift and transport pallets with Drums and Totes
- Record-keeping of all oil transfers. Weigh incoming trucks, flexis and isotanks before and after loading/unloading. Collect the corresponding paperwork
- Keep the equipment (fittings, hoses, tanks, floors, etc.) clean and sanitized
- Responsible to adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: 2 Years in production
High School Diploma
Ability to read and write in English
Strong team player
Work outside in the elements
Strong and flexible, lots of reaching/stretching/crawling.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, balance, reach, walk, use fingers to feel or grasp, and is subject to repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally stoop, crouch, push, pull, and lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include light mental and visual attention required for performing work where there is some variety but actions taken and decisions made are limited to few possibilities. Work requires some coordination with others, and setting up, regulating and adjusting processes
In house 5 panel drug screen
Read and sign off on GMP and Uniform Policy